NOTE: This rule is being reviewed for 14 days for the purpose of a five year review.
(A) The public children services agency (PCSA), private child placing agency (PCPA)
and private noncustodial agency (PNA) shall maintain a log of inquiries from persons interested in being adoptive parents. The agency shall document in the log any follow-up for each inquiry.
(B) The PCSA, PCPA or PNA shall follow-up with all inquirers within seven working days.
(C) If the inquirer resides in Ohio, the PCSA, PCPA or PNA shall provide the following
to the inquirer:
(1) A copy of the JFS 01675 "Ohio Adoption Guide" (rev. 9/2008).
(2) A description of Title IV-E adoption assistance and state adoption subsidy programs including eligibility requirements and the application process.
(3) -The--of-the-----web- http://jfs.ohio.gov/oapl
(3) How to get an application for adoption.
(4) A copy of the PCSA, PCPA or PNA adoption policy, or summary of the policy, prepared pursuant to rule 5101:2-48-05 of the Administrative Code.
(5) The criminal records check requirement pursuant to rule 5101:2-48-10 of the Administrative Code.
(6) The foster care/adoption homestudy assessment process.
(7) Information regarding the state adoption assistance loan program as outlined in section 3107.018 of the Revised Code.
(D) If the inquirer resides out of state and has an approved homestudy, the PCSA, PCPA or PNA shall send the inquirer a copy of the JFS 01675. If the family has identified a child they are interested in, the family should be given the telephone number to the custodial agency.
(E) If the inquirer resides out of state and does not have an approved homestudy, the PCSA, PCPA or PNA shall send the inquirer a copy of the JFS 01675. The PCSA, PCPA or PNA shall also inform the inquirer that they will need a completed and approved homestudy from their state of residence in order to adopt an Ohio waiting child.
(F) The PCSA, PCPA and PNA shall develop and implement referral procedures whereby an inquiry from an Ohio resident, who does not meet requirements for adoption services as identified in the agency's adoption policy, is referred to another agency for adoption services. If the inquirer is from an Ohio county other than the county where the PCSA, PCPA or PNA is located, a referral shall include, at a minimum, the name, address and telephone number of the PCSA in the county of the inquirer's residence.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 09/10/2009 and 12/28/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3107.032 , 5153.16
Rule Amplifies: 2151.86 , 3107.032 , 5153.16
Prior Effective Dates: 7/1/90, 9/1/94, 9/18/96, 12/31/96 (Emer.), 3/31/97,
2/12/98 (Emer.), 5/14/98, 12/31/98 (Emer.), 4/1/99,
2/15/02, 9/1/03, 5/15/09