5101:2-47-08 Required application/update for Title IV-D (child support) services and referrals to Title IV-A (public assistance); healthchek; third party insurance; and supplemental security income (SSI).
NOTE: This rule is being reviewed for 14 days for the purpose of a five year review.
(A) The Title IV-E agency as defined in rule 5101:2-1-01 of the Administrative Code shall:
(1) Complete the JFS 01435 "Title IV-E agency application/update for child support services" (rev. 4/2006) for all Title IV-E foster care maintenance (FCM) eligible children, except where parental rights have been terminated by court order or permanent surrender.
The Title IV-E agency may also make an application for FCM non-eligible children.
(2) Assign child support rights to the Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) for Title IV-E FCM children through the JFS 01435 within thirty business days of the date the Title IV-E agency obtains legal responsibility for the care and placement of the child.
(a) Assignment of child support will be effective the first day of the calendar month in which all Title IV-E eligibility criteria are met.
(b) Assignment of child support will terminate the last day of the calendar month in which the agency's temporary custody of the child is terminated.
(3) Send any court orders and other verifications available with the JFS 01435 to the Title IV-D agency as defined in rule 5101:12-1-01 of the Administrative Code in the county in which the child was removed from the home.
(4) Send an updated JFS 01435 and any court orders upon verification of any changes in the circumstances of the child or parent(s).
(B) The Title IV-D agency shall:
(1) Determine the county with the administrative responsibility for the child support order and forward the JFS 01435 to the Title IV-D agency with the administrative responsibility.
(2) Pursue and establish paternity, court orders, or enforce existing orders.
(3) Assist the Title IV-E agency in securing support payments and medical support from the parent(s) on behalf of the child.
(4) All child support payments shall be collected and disbursed by the office of child support within the Ohio department of job and family services through the child support payment central (CSPC) process.
(5) If the Title IV-E eligible child was a recipient of Ohio works first prior to entry into substitute care, then a new assignment of support rights is needed.
(C) The Title IV-E agency must provide written notification to the county department of job and family services (CDJFS) Title IV-A agency or unit within ten business days of a child entering legal responsibility.
(D) The CDJFS Title IV-A worker is responsible for furnishing information pertinent to eligibility that may be available in existing Title IV-A records, no later than ten business days after receipt of a written request by the Title IV-E agency.
(E) The Title IV-E agency is responsible for completing the JFS 03528 "Healthchek and Pregnancy related services information sheet" (rev. 5/2011) for each Title IV-E FCM eligible child pursuant to rule 5101:2-42-66.1 of the Administrative Code.
(F) The Title IV-E agency shall:
(1) Attempt to determine if the parent(s), guardian, or custodian has health care insurance coverage available to every Title IV-E FCM eligible child. If such insurance coverage is available, the Title IV-E agency must complete the JFS 06612 "Health Insurance Information Sheet" (rev.6/2009).
(2) Complete the JFS 06613 "Accident/Injury Insurance Information Form" (rev. 7/2003) for every Title IV-E FCM eligible child who is involved in an accident where there may be third party liability.
(3) Consider making application to the regional office of the social security administration (SSA) for supplemental security income (SSI) benefits for every child. The Title IV-E agency may receive Title IV-E FCM reimbursements and SSI benefits concurrently pursuant to rule 5101:2-47-12 of the Administrative Code.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 06/01/2017
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5103.03 , 5153.16 , 5101.141
Rule Amplifies: 5103.03 , 5153.16 , 5101.141
Prior Effective Dates: 1/1/83, 4/1/86 (Emer.), 7/1/86, 7/2/87, 9/1/88, 4/1/92, 9/1/92, 5/1/98, 9/1/03, 6/1/06, 9/15/08