5101:2-47-23 Beginning date of reimbursability for foster care maintenance.
NOTE: This rule is being reviewed for 14 days for pre-clearance due to 5 year rule review.
(A) The beginning date of reimbursability for Title IV-E foster care maintenance (FCM) shall be no earlier than the date of the foster care placement. Reimbursement may begin the actual date of the child's placement, if the child meets all program eligibility and reimbursement criteria. Reimbursability may go back to the first day of the month that all eligibility requirements are met, if they were not met in the month that the child is initially placed. Reimbursement is contingent upon satisfaction of all of the following:
(1) The Title IV-E agency has legal responsibility for the care of the child as described in rule 5101:2-47-13 of the Administrative Code.
(2) The child meets the ADC-relatedness requirements as described in rule 5101:2-47-14 of the Administrative Code.
(3) Reasonable efforts certification for a court-order removal as described in rule 5101:2-47-22 of the Administrative Code, has been obtained. Program reimbursability may go back to the first day of the month in which the reasonable efforts certification was obtained as long as all other requirements of Chapter 5101:2-47 of the Administrative Code are met.
(4) The child continues to meet the age requirement as described in rule 5101:2-47-14 of the Administrative Code.
(5) The child is placed in a reimbursable placement facility as described in rule 5101:2-47-16 of the Administrative Code.
(B) Reimbursability for Title IV-E FCM payments for children placed in children's residential centers, group homes, residential parenting facilities or maternity homes may begin the actual date of the child's placement in an eligible placement facility, with an approved Title IV-E ceiling, if the child meets all program eligibility and reimbursement criteria.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 5101:2-47-23
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 06/01/2018
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5101.141, 5103.03, 5153.166
Rule Amplifies: 5101.141, 5103.03, 5153.166
Prior Effective Dates: 1/1/83, 4/1/86 (Emer.), 7/1/86, 7/2/87, 5/1/98, 7/1/00, 10/3/05, 9/1/09.